I'm still trying to find my way, but what Birthe says resonates a lot with
me. I currently believe I want to do different things at different times.
Quick note taking and journaling, followed by a review process (like
"interstitials" after an hour or so), followed by a daily, weekly and
monthly review. At each review I would only look at "highlights" from the
review-level below it.
However the review would only be a selective process. At some point I'd
like to take those gathered points, ideas, insights and write
something that is akin to a continuous story. That's where I see
Notowritey for me. This duality is a reason why I'm attracted to TiddlyWiki
– I just didn't find that flexibility in a single tool elsewhere.