John,

Good points but not universal. What you describe is a common and valuable
use. Its ability to be distributed and confidently be read is one of PDF
great values, but this is also true for single file tiddlywiki's HTML etc...

Its always important to remember the wiki in tiddlywiki is a useful
descriptor, but in no way encompasses it possibilities. I prefer
"tiddlywiki Platform" that can accommodate or generate PDF's if desired.

Yes send a PDF version of a resume, but I generate it from my wiki, edit
update and generate again. The PDF I send is somewhat immutable over time.
If I overwrite the file it has being "muted" :)

I collect PDF's from authorities, or documented tech manuals, however some
are forms that accept input, signature and return, but I also use my
beloved Foxit PDF (Free) to annotate these for my own record, even extract
content and reuse it.

I can save a tiddlywiki away in an archive with the intention it is an
immutable record of the circumstances at the time it was archived, so I can
treat tiddlywiki as immutable as well.

Now start integrating the two and new variations occur. Interfering with
your universal claims.

*So the for the question "For a reader, is TiddlyWiki better than reading a
PDF, and why?"*
*The answer as is often the case with tiddlywiki is "it depends".*

Regards
Tony