> Sorry for bothering again but I want to share a sample scenario where
> It'll help if the input box writes to (for example)
> *$:/temp/command-palette-input* instead of a variable available only
> within CP (like how sidebar search manipulates *$:/temp/search*).

For the rewrite I would recommend that CP use an edit-text widget for the
input, which would make it easy to store the input in a temp tiddler.

For now, adding something like this to the onInput function will save the
value of the input to a temp tiddler whenever it is changed:

this.wiki.setText("$:/temp/command-palette-input","text",undefined,text);