Keelan,

Another short reply for now, going to work through the rest of your
feedback piecemeal as time permits.

Regarding search:

*Search gets confusing.* I've learned to adjust to this, but all of the
> streams tiddlers show up in search. Most of the time, I only want the
> parent to show and then I will find what I want on that "main tiddler."
> However, I periodically have a tiddler created in a stream that rises to
> the level of a stand alone tiddler, so I would want it to index. I realize
> the dilemma in all of this. So, I think if we could omit all the children
> and just index the main parent tiddler for a stream in search, it would be
> preferrable, since it is possible to just rename a specific stream
> tiddler and then it could index.

 I thought about putting together a quick search solution for search where
only the root node is returned in search results, but quickly realized
there is a conceptual snag. Streams is intentionally written so that it
doesn't care about the titles of tiddlers for maintaining the relationships
between them. So for example:

History/1908 is not a subnode of History because of it's title, but rather
because History/1908 has a field called *parent* with value History.

So it's easily doable to have a custom search only return the root node of
results by following the parent field back through relationships to the
end. However, just renaming a tiddler would not make it show up in the
search results. You would have to delete the "parent" field thereby
removing it from the Stream.

So this makes a generic and flexible solution quite difficult. However, it
would be doable to create a custom solution for you where search always
follows the parent field upwards as long as the parent tiddler title is a
substring of the tiddler in question.

That is if History/1908 has the field parent pointing to History, we follow
that field.
If French Revolution has the field parent pointing to History, we do not
follow it.

 Let me know if this would be helpful, and if so what the value of the
tiddler $:/config/sq/streams/new-node-title is when you open it for editing.

Cheers,
Saq