As promised, my response to your questions... at length (my apologies).

*Have you encountered any issues or pain/choke points in your workflow with
Streams?*

Overall, I'm very impressed with the manner in which Streams does what it
does. So, pain points are slight, but there are some of course. I've been a
long time Workflowy user, and I often find myself wanting it to work like
WF in instances. Furthermore, there is a good chance the pain points are
simply from the nature of TW and more an issue of me having to relearn
behaviors.

   - *Hitting enter in a node with text does not always behave the way I
   want.* - I'm very glad you added the ability to split a tiddler into two
   nodes by hitting enter. It would really slow down my workflow if that
   process was inhibited, as I often write full paragraphs into a node,
   realizing only afterward that they need to be separate paragraphs. If I had
   to confirm this change every time, it would impede using Streams for
   writing and notetaking. However, I also expect the reverse behavior because
   of my time in Workflowy. If I am at the beginning of a node that needs to
   be connected to the one above it, I expect hitting backspace to join the
   two nodes. And, of course, Streams doesn't do this, so I find myself
   regularly attempting this action by reflex.
   - *Nested nodes stay with an empty node when hitting enter instead of
   moving with content.* - If I have a node with nested tiddlers and hit
   enter at the beginning of the text in that node, my expectation is that all
   the text of that node and the nested nodes under it would move down,
   creating a new blank tiddler above with nothing in it. Again, this is a
   Workflowy behavior. However, in Streams, this action leaves all nested
   information under the blank node created and moves the text from the parent
   node down into a separate tiddler below everything.
   - *Ctrl+down does not always behave as I expect.* - If I've collapsed
   nested nodes and want to switch between top level nodes. For example, if
   I'm writing an outline, I will have headings. If I collapse the subheadings
   under each heading and then attempt to use the Ctrl + down function it
   switches down to the nested node that is not visible (one of the
   subheadings) instead of switching down to the next heading that is visible.
   - *Having to add a space at the beginning of a node.* - Finally, there
   appears to be some quirk where I have to enter a space prior to using a
   text expander. It will not call the action if I enter the slash as the
   first character in a new node. So, I have to hit a space and then put it in.
   - *Search gets confusing.* I've learned to adjust to this, but all of
   the streams tiddlers show up in search. Most of the time, I only want the
   parent to show and then I will find what I want on that "main tiddler."
   However, I periodically have a tiddler created in a stream that rises to
   the level of a stand alone tiddler, so I would want it to index. I realize
   the dilemma in all of this. So, I think if we could omit all the children
   and just index the main parent tiddler for a stream in search, it would be
   preferrable, since it is possible to just rename a specific stream tiddler
   and then it could index. At current, when I have one of these special
   stream tiddlers that I want to also stand alone, the relink gives me the
   ability to name it with something outside the stream and keep it in the
   stream. That's probably clear as mud. If you can't tell, I'm still thinking
   through this one myself.

*Are there any features you find yourself wishing that Streams had?*

   - *Easily adjust max width.* - It would be nice when you develop a
   configuration panel to include adjustable max width. I've found that line
   in the style and can easily adjust that way, but having that option in the
   control panel would be nice.
   - *Different views would be stellar. *- A Document view, in specific,
   would be a great addition for me. As mentioned previously, I use this to
   create a source tiddler for literature notes, then I create an outline
   tiddler (also with Streams) where I draft the outline of the article I am
   writing. I can easily drag my notes from source tiddlers to fill in the
   article outline. With a little manipulation, these notes become paragraphs
   within the outline. The outline becomes the article. If I could then switch
   it to a document view that removes the bullets and makes nodes headings,
   that would be incredible.
   - *Conditional styles(?)* - Even while in outline form, I wish there was
   a way to make some styles conditional. Though, I have no idea if that's
   even a thing CSS can do. For instance, if I turn a node into a heading with
   !!, it would no longer show the bullet next to it, but still show the
   bullets on all body text in nested nodes under it. Another instance where
   this *might* be nice is with a block quote. Though, the ability to see
   that a block quote is its own tiddler in the stream instead of being part
   of the above bullet is important info.
   - *Flattening a whole stream into a tiddler.* - Finally, and I've seen
   this mentioned in the threads here on the group, the ability to flatten to
   an article, conflating all tiddlers into one that can then be exported to
   word processing software for publication. I did see that on your roadmap,
   and I'm interested in the implementation of that.

*Overall in your larger workflow in TiddlyWiki, not just related to
Streams, what if any are the roadblocks that slow you down or cause
difficulties?*

*Export*, but there's a good chance this is mostly ignorance on my part.
I'd love a way to export as markdown, or some easy integration with pandoc.
A good LaTex export would be dynamite. I know I can export as a static
html, but that pulls all of the styles with it from the page, which is
great if I want to display it as an html file in my browser, and sometimes
I do. It is suboptimal if I just want the text portion of the tiddler,
properly formatted, for opening or importing into a word processor or
markdown/LaTex editor. I've experimented some with online pandoc tools, and
they work to a level, but I'd love to click a button somewhere in
TiddlyWiki and make this happen. Again, it may be my ignorance in
capability that is prohibiting this at current.

*I do not know the horizon of possibility with TiddlyWiki.* There are reams
of content written in this Google group and other places on TiddlyWiki, so
it's not for want of content. However, I do think (as has been echoed in
this group in other threads) that it is a daunting task for someone new to
even realize what TiddlyWiki can do. What is clear from my last 4-5 months
living in these group threads is that it can do almost anything you want,
if you have the knowledge of how to make it do so. That's incredible.

And yet, my personal use cases are meager, and clear guides of how to
"choose your own adventure" for particular use cases seem missing (or I
can't find them). While the ability to capture non-linear, networked
thought appears to be the shining strength of TiddlyWiki, it would do well
to have some linear explanations, or guides, for easy setup. Linear content
has its merit, of course, and it is sometimes the best way to present
information or make a specific argument. An easy example is the work that
Anne-Laure did recently on her site providing a linear guide for building a
nonlinear notetaking tool with TiddlyWiki. Of course, she has a large
platform, but I think the ease of her linear explanation to build a
particular instance of TiddlyWiki has done much to bring new people into
the fold. It was a sizeable plank in my own bridge.

Ideally, I wonder if it would be beneficial to come to some form of
consensus on the majority use cases (networked notetaking, static website
generator, table top gaming and world building, etc.) and then provide some
linear walkthroughs of how to build a core instance of TiddlyWiki for those
things. Of course, with some discussion of potential options to modify and
the caveat that many more things are possible the more you dig. I often
hear TiddlyWiki described as a box of Legos from which you can build
anything. This much is true; however, a box of Legos most often comes with
a set of step-by-step instructions to build the specific thing on the cover.

*Are your notes mostly plain text with formatting (bold, italics etc) or do
you use a lot of macros and widgets in the actual note taking?*
Yes. It's mostly plain text formatting. Very little in the way of images,
diagrams, or embedded media of any kind. My current use case is classic
notetaking. I need to quickly and easily capture literature notes from
sources I am read. I want to capture them in such a way that they (1) are
easy to find based on their connections to other ideas and (2) easy to
manipulate in an outline. Then, I need a tool where it is easy to organize
an outline and fill it out into an article. So, a minimal, easy to use
interface that allows for long form writing with as few distractions from
toolbars and buttons as possible. I'll probably never have use for
mathematics or anything computational in my instances. Though, I realize
I'm just one use case for TiddlyWiki.

I currently do very little with widgets and macros, though I believe I will
do more as I familiarize myself with their ability. I'm still learning to
drive TiddlyWiki. I'm very impressed by the things I see people suggesting
in this group concerning macros and widgets, and I imagine once I have a
populated wiki, I may want to use these to call certain things. I can tell
I'm just scratching the surface with this.

Thanks, Saq, for your labor on this project. I have this sense that the
timing of several developments with TiddlyWiki of late are surfacing it as
a very promising tool for people who live and die by knowledge management.
Feels kinda like a renaissance of sorts.

Do let me know if you have further questions. I appreciate you asking, and
am happy to help in any way I can.

Blessings,
Keelan