Sorry to disrupt, but the above quote reminds me of a documentary I saw
about the mind of Einstein, and how it was ultimately his creativity that
birthed his famous theories. He delved into the relationship of space-time
in a way that few other physicists explored at the time, existing as they
may already in fiction (though I haven't read any sci-fi published during
the 1900s to know if these concepts were actually already in fiction by
then).

These thoughts get me into such a mood, pondering relationships that exist
between art and function... function and art... why do proponents of either
often dismiss the other? They exist so beautifully together...