You can define sections of that filter as macro definitions, and then call
them with "subfilter<macroFilter1>".

I.e. "[all[tiddlers+shadows]tag[MyTag]subfilter<macroFilter1>
subfilter<macroFilter2> sort[]]"

Define them at the start of the tiddler which is using the filter, or
define them in other tiddlers and import using the "\import
filter-to-import" Pragma at the top of the text field where the filters
will be used.

Best,
Joshua Fontany