Eric,

Thanks for sharing this historical information.

I remember a Quote from a writer, *that complained of modern technology
dividing the day into smaller and smaller fragments of time*, it was a
roman complaining about the sundial. :)

I knew about the railroads, and the telegraph causing the invention of time
zones but never though it would be yet another complication (today). The
Art of dates and calendars is far more complex than most people know.

2) So, I started to wonder, "Is there something special about November 18,
> 1883?"... and this is what I found:
>

> https://www.history.com/news/when-did-the-united-states-start-using-time-zones
>
> Which says:
>
>> On November 18, 1883, America’s railroads began using a standard time
>> system involving four time zones, Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific.
>> Within each zone, all clocks were synchronized. The railroad industry’s
>> plan was adopted by much of the country, although the time-zone system
>> didn’t become official across the United States until the passage of the
>> 1918 Standard Time Act
>

> So, it appears that the strange time output is related to the original
> creation of standardized time zones!

Would you have started this wonderful set of tools had you known beforehand?

By the way in this thread I
<https://groups.google.com/forum/?oldui=1#!topic/tiddlywiki/7kGzLwPcCIk>
discuss my interest in Analytics, your calendar solution goes some way to
supporting this approach *"bringing created and modified dates, amongst
others to be more readily seen in a calendar"*, as does Bimlas's suggested
answer.

Regards
Tony