On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 8:18:03 AM UTC-7, Anthony wrote:

> However, I've noticed something else that happened originally, then was
> 'fixed' but is happening again. When I click on a day in the calendar
> display where there's an event, say a birth, that's included in an events
> tagged tiddler called 'Born on this Day' then the link goes to a tiddler
> called 'Born on this Day: Frances Hamilton Arnold (1956-)' (say), which
> does not exist. Rather I'd hope it went to a tiddler called 'Frances
> Hamilton Arnold (1956-)' that does exist and has all the data that
> generates all the events etc. for that individual. This is what happened
> before the latest two-line change to getevents_listed().

As you've noted, an event is linked to a tiddler using "EventList:
description text" as the title.  This is so that if the same description is
used in separate EventLists, they don't link to the same tiddler.

This way, if I have two EventLists, "Bob's Events" and "Jim's Events",
where each contains an event like: "....MMDD;My Birthday", they will
produce separate links to "Bob Event's: My Birthday" and "Jim Event's: My
Birthday".

Fortunately, there is already a way to override this default handling: *you
can provide a link to specific tiddler title by adding "|TiddlerTitle"
following the description text*

Thus, if you enter the following into "Born on this Day":
....MMDD;Frances Hamilton Arnold (1956-)|Frances Hamilton Arnold (1956-)
it will always link to "Frances Hamilton Arnold (1956-)", regardless of the
name of the EventList in which it is defined.

The event will still show the EventList title in the Calendar's date popup,
but will use the specified title for the link.

For a generated EventList, you could write:
<$list filter="[has[birth-date]]">
   <$view field="birth-date" format="date" template="....0MM0DD" />;<
<currentTiddler>>;<<currentTiddler>><br>
</$list>

Note that there is one exception to the automatic EventList prefix handling:

Events listed in TiddlyTools/Time/Events (the default EventList), do NOT
add the prefix.  Thus, in that tiddler, if you enter:
...0202;Ground Hog Day
it will just link to a tiddler named "Ground Hog Day" rather than
"TiddlyTools/Time/Events: Ground Hog Day"

enjoy,
-e