Originally you had mentioned using ColorPalette colors in your table.

Might want to look at:
http://www.tiddlytools.com/#StyleSheetShortcuts

At the End you will find (did not include all of the code. . .)
/* [[ColorPalette]] text colors */
.Background     { color:[[ColorPalette::Background]];    }

/* [[ColorPalette]] background colors */
.BGBackground     { background-color:[[ColorPalette::Background]];      }

Can copy the sections into your StyleSheet
or
import the StyleSheetShortcuts tiddler and transclude it via placing
[[StyleSheetShortcuts]] at the top or bottom of your StyleSheet.
(Effectively launching your StyleSheet + StyleSheetShortcuts at start
up)

Then could use the {{BGBackground{ My cool text here }}}

Mike