Hi everyone,

After a long, very interesting journey to search for the best way to gather
my thoughts as I continue a lifelong vocation, I'm a new TiddlyWiki user.
I've been using TW5 for about a month with a local file.

Now I want to create a new TW as a static site online to do some work and
unfinished writing in public. I want the layout to be more intuitive to
those who aren't wikiers, so I've been looking at Drift, which I've seen
mentioned here.

Whatever the theme or plugins used, I want this wiki to last forever.

But I'm not a programmer.

Let's say I use Drift (or Stroll or any other modded version) to start this
up. Then I build a large body of work, say 100s of tiddlers all
cross-linked beautifully. I backup my site regularly, and everything's
great. And then for some reason I find I need to change to another version
of TW, or remove plugins, etc. Is my essential data (the tiddlers, their
content and their links) still safe? I.e., is it transferrable to another
TW file?

Thanks for any thoughts about this. And mega credit goes to the Ness Labs
blog and Anne-Laure Le Cunff for getting me started.

David