G'day David, and welcome to TiddlerHood!

Although you may never need them, there's is nothing wrong with having just
enough paranoia to create backups once in a while (at any moment you think:
"man, it would really suck if what I'm about to do would screw up X hours
worth of effort I've just put in).

I have my regular moments of:  "hmmm, just when everything seems foolproof,
I am about to step up as the latest posterboy for fools are us."

Cheers !