Amazing:  Adding topics from tiddlywiki.com/static to browse from within my
own TW instance is a cinch, i find.  Have added an entry for "WikiText",
and now i can drill down in 2 clicks for a quick how-to that saves me a
good minute or few of context-switching penalty, that will quickly amount
to hours of time saved.  Even if that's all we do with it, i can't imagine
why anyone would NOT such a documentation utility in their wiki.  Certainly
i'll be including this in all my instances from now on.

Now going further: I'm wondering how this might be adapted to other
reference sites, even if non-tiddly; could this be possible?  I cloned the
tiddler from your latest upload, @Charlie, to see if i can adapt it to pull
from my most-commonly referenced site: wikipedia.org.  Called my new
tiddler "Wikipedia", changed every instance where your code calls "TW Ref"
to a "Wikipedia" call, and swapped in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ as the
base URL -deleting the suffix .html, since wikipedia doesn't use that,
interestingly.  Now i've got a "Wikipedia" tab in my sidebar, with a new
pulldown list for the 3 Wikipedia topics i added, so the UI works fine...
But this new utility pulls no content, save the error msg:  "It may have
been moved, edited or deleted."

So i'm wondering: is there a bug in my adaptation of code appended below?
Or is there some more fundamental problem -like maybe it only works with a
TW static site?

/walt

8<-------(snip)------->8

\define AddTopic( topic )
<option value={{{ [[$topic$]split[
]join[%2520]addprefix[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ }}}>$topic$</option>
\end

<$select tiddler={{Wikipedia!!title}} field="curr-topic">
<!--🔴 AddTopic takes as input tiddler titles from wikipedia.org  and
creates a link to same tiddler at the static site.
             Add/modify/remove items as per the following three examples
             Order the topics as per your preferences
             Add   "optgroup elements to group entries" -->
<<AddTopic  "TiddlyWiki">>
<<AddTopic  "WikiWikiWeb">>
<<AddTopic  "Project_Xanadu">>
</$select>&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href={{Wikipedia!!curr-topic}} title="Open web
page in a separate window/tab"  target="_blank">link</a>
<iframe  src={{Wikipedia!!curr-topic}} height="500" width="100%"></iframe>