If I want to learn about javascript or tools made with it, there are reams
of documents and tutorials. They are almost all node based.

But if I want to use JS in TW, I'm reduced to maybe two paragraphs of
explanatory material. The only documentation I ever found was by (?) Chris
Hunt, which pages have now disappeared except on archive. The code examples
no longer match existing core.

Trying to clone existing code and hoping that you guess right is like
building a ship in a bottle. In the dark.

After 5 years, it would really be great to have a bit of documentation for
those of us who understand JS but need some hand-holding for the TW-JS gap.