On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 10:14:13 PM UTC-7 barro...@gmail.com wrote:

> As for an improved main search bar, couldn't one modify a copy of the
> original search bar (I've done it for caption search)-- or in this case
> with a more refined search filter-- and use it instead of the original
> search bar by simple swapping of the sidebar segment tag?

Yes.  You can add $:/tags/SideBarSegment to the PowerSearch tiddler to add
it to the sidebar.

To make default PowerSearch layout better fit the sidebar, I have updated
the options panel (the "gear" icon) and display of the generated filter
syntax:

1) added "input width" setting - was previously hard-coded to "25em"... now
defaults to "100%"
2) changed default "maxheight" from "auto" to "20em"
3) changed default "columns" from "3" to "1"
4) generated filter syntax uses a smaller font, aligned left, with
"word-break: break-all"

enjoy,
-e