Ciao saq.i ...

I don't how long you been in this group?

What I do know is regularly, over a few years, the inadequacies of Google
Groups has be re-hashed several times in serious posts about it.

In past discussions, some quite passionate (I wish I could QUOTE from them,
but OF COURSE* I can't find them!  *Lol -:), led to a number of initiatives.
The most significant long-lasting one being TiddlyWiki on REDDIT, still run
by Riz, https://www.reddit.com/r/TiddlyWiki5/

*What emerged is the LOGISTICS of fully switching away from  this Google
Group to a new forum would be VERY complicated and, finally, likely, very
damaging to the existing membership base. SO, the inertia to change is
necessarily huge.*

MY query here is really about HOW TO MAKE THE BEST OF WHAT WE HAVE? on
Google Groups.
BUT, it seems, with additional recent changes by Google to its functioning
what we have right now is only the FLEETING MOMENT. Meaning, GG is good for
immediate discussions but NOTHING much else.
(Basically it is "Usenet" thread format dating back to 1631 :-)
It is terrible on Search.
Upvote does not exist.
Tagging posts proved to be not adequate here.

*WHERE, does that leave us?*
In the same place.
With a forum that throws its own history down the drain every day. :-(

Just comments from a normally sanguine person
TT