I share your pain, @TT... and am +1 @saq's idea about Discourse and how to
fund it.

I for one would be happy to chip in a few $/month to support this
community, and- from earlier discussion thread @Tones initiated (can't seem
to find it now; see the problem? :-) -i gather that there be others
likewise inclined to fund the community somehow, if only we could find an
equitable way to do so.  As discussed, who or what initiative gets funded,
and how that gets decided is not a trivial problem...

So funding for an improved collaboration infrastructure seems not only
perfectly equitable, it also solves what must be (if TT & i  are at all
representative) a problem we all share, and an opportunity for more
effective collaboration.

/walt