Hallo,

I am of the opinion that in the case of centring, the width of the story
must always be a percentage (e.g. 60%).
The sidebar must have a minimum width. For example 300px. We have two
problems with this. Firstly, the breakpoint for the sidebar no longer
works.
Consequently, falling below the page width must be used for this
breakpoint.

The calculation for the attributes left of the class .tc-sidebar-scrollable
and .tc-story-river should be reviewed or calculated anew.
The story must not be in the middle because otherwise the sidebar might
fall out of the window on the righthand side.

As far as the implementation is concerned, I don't yet know exactly where
to change it because I don't yet know how all the elements are connected
and which values have to be changed at which point.
I tested these values using Mario's example
<https://pmario.github.io/kitchensink/5800-centered-fluid-layout.html>,
directly in the browser.

By, Frank