Hi Tones thanks for the response. See replies below

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 7:21 PM TW Tones <anthony.mus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> David,
>
> I think I have a possible answer, but can not yet repeat your code and see
> what is actually does as a start. Can you share the showModal macro and any
> other dependencies please?.

This isn't the file I am referring to, but it is the same showmodal code:
https://giffmex.org/wiki/nt1.a.html#%24%3A%2F.giffmex%2FEric%2FShowModal, a
gift from Eric, slightly modified by me.

> Also when you say "I can write a line in Clipboard", could you share more,
> because I think there may be further automation and simplification possible.

What I mean is, I will have an edit-text window for the tiddler Clipboard,
to have open in any tiddler, as an editTemlate tiddler. My hope is to be
able to type a phrase in the Clipboard tiddler, and click an editortoolbar
button to stamp the following: @@.map1 XX @@<<showModal 'XX'>> <$link
to='XX'>{{$:/core/images/link}}</$link>

Where XX = the present text of the Clipboard tiddler.

Then I would clear Clipboard and add new text, and hit the editor toolbar
button again.