I have updated this:

1) I reinstated the double quotes in the macro, because single quotes are
often used such as apostrophe-s in tiddler titles, and this will break the
macro
2) I reinserted the 'edit' button to modals, so users can open the tiddler
from the modal. And also because links in tiddlers aren't openable when
seen in a modal.

Walt, and anyone else who tried it: just go back to
https://giffmex.org/experiments/topicmaps.template.htm
<https://giffmex.org/experiments/topicmaps.template.html>l , refresh your
browser, and drag the hideme tag into your file again.

Also Walt: the macro does not in itself create tiddlers, so there is
nothing special about the tiddlers accessed from it. You can do a simple
search for hideme and that will call up any tiddlers in which you have used
the macro.

Blessings!