Hi everyone

Yesterday I teased a modest macro that has the capability of turning
TiddlyWiki into an outliner.
https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/gCp5ONBxFXg (first half)

I am thinking about packaging it as a plugin called Subsume, but one item
seems to call for attention.

If I could add this macro as a new option for the excise dropdown, not as a
macro but as a macrocall, that would allow users to excise text and turn it
into a link/slider in the present tiddler instead of transcluding it or
linking it.

But two things hold me back:
1. After playing with the excise dropdown tiddler for a while I am still
not sure how it works or how to add another dropdown option to it.
2. Even if I knew how to do that, this would mean that my plugin would need
to change some core tiddlers. And this would make it un-future-proof.

What chance is there of eventually having the excise dropdown be as easy to
add options to via tags, as, say, the pagecontrol buttons and sidebar tabs?
Maybe my macrocall is not the only way people might want to customize
excising.

And, does anyone know how to tweak the excise set of tiddlers as it stands
so that I could insert a named macrocall of the tiddler instead of a
transclusion, macro or link?

(In case any of you are wondering, I need macrocall instead of a normal
macro to avoid the <p> that causes extra spacing above and below macros)

Blessings, Dave