David,

I'm so sorry to have just replied on your OTHER thread, requesting this
very development, before reading this one! I'll go delete that, and put the
guts of that message below...

I'm thinking of a variant on "excise selected text into a new tiddler" that
could take selected text, port it to a new tiddler (prompting for title, or
defaulting to first line), and leave a corresponding details macro neatly
in place of where the excised text is? This would be tremendously helpful
in editing "overgrown" tiddlers (or paragraph sequences pasted in from
elsewhere) and bringing a project closer to the ideal of
tiddlers-as-smallest-useful-bits.

For what it's worth, I'm with Saq in hoping to invoke it with <<det
"Component Idea">> -- much better for readability, sharing with newbies,
etc., and would hope for the editor button to work that way as well.

I wish I had time to tinker with these things myself so that I could offer
tribute in the form of useful work, rather than chiming in as a backseat
driver!

-Springer