Hi Tones,

I tried the new windows button shared by you for opening a tiddler in edit
and view modes in a separate window. Hope you can develop it further to
open multiple tiddlers in a modal window in edit and view modes based on
the searched keyword. Best wishes.

On Thursday, August 5, 2021 at 6:59:59 PM UTC+5:30 arun babu wrote:

> [...]
> notation editor gives a rapid overview of tiddlers based on the searched
> keyword and allow simultaneously editing also. This can reduce unnecessary
> time wastage and increase our productivity. My intention for posting the
> video link was to introduce this workflow with notation editor to people
> who haven't seen that video, especially the new users of tiddlywiki. Incase
> someone with enough knowledge in wikitext gets inspired to create a similar
> one, that would be a bonus.
> On Thursday, August 5, 2021 at 3:27:58 PM UTC+5:30 saq.i...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Arun,
>>
>> While I use Notation every day, I haven't had the chance to update it for
>> the current core version even for myself since the time of that video. So a
>> public release is extremely unlikely. Furthermore I will not be posting a
>> demo of the existing code. My experience with sharing public demos has been
>> very disappointing in that there are always user who will ignore all
>> warnings and disclaimers and try to use the code, run into issues and
>> create support work for myself and/or the community that there is never a
>> good way to resolve, and I personally feel this reflects poorly on
>> TiddlyWiki as a whole. This is why all recent demos I have shared have been
>> via videos even though I find that a suboptimal medium.
>>
>> I have spent whatever time I could spare since the time of that demo on
>> slowly introducing to the TiddlyWiki core all of the custom (JavaScript)
>> solutions that I had developed for Notation, as well as filters etc that
>> make the implementation a lot easier than it was originally.
>>
>> *As a result, today anyone experienced with wikitext coding can create a
>> similar UX entirely in wikitext.*
>>
>> A while back before the 5.1.23 release I also posted a demo of a similar
>> but simpler UX that used the keyboard-driven-input macro. It displayed the
>> editor using my Floats prototype, but could just as easily be shown in a
>> modal. That might be a starting point.
>>
>> I have to say that I still don't think that particular UX and workflow
>> would be of interest to most TiddlyWiki users... I use it essentially like
>> a text editor with very little usage of other TiddlyWiki features.
>>
>> If you just want to get an idea of what the user experience is like, it
>> modelled after the free OSX application Notational Velocity,  which has a
>> newer fork called NValt and a windows clone called ResophNotes. Perhaps
>> give one of them a whirl and see if it even makes sense for your workflow.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Saq
>> On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 5:09:28 PM UTC+2 arunn...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This is the link <https://youtu.be/lvnqgfvohfM> to a 1yr old tiddlywiki
>>> hangout video with Saq where he is showing his workflow using Notation
>>> editor. I first saw this video one year back when I started using
>>> tiddlywiki. I don't think I fully understood the implementation at that