> plugins are great, allows the core to remain small, and gives
> customization options to the end user. I know you mentioned backwards
> compatibility - are you thinking of something like
> DepreciatedFunctions? Allowing some old plugins to get in, but not
> creating a core code increase. . . Kind of a best of both worlds
> scenario

That's the idea. I think it's possible, but I don't want to raise
expectations too much as many plugins of necessity play some quite
dirty tricks to achieve their goals. (Not that they're badly written,
just that TiddlyWiki's architecture sometimes requires these slightly
dirty tricks).

> Just a question of timing, are you thinking of a alpha version in
> 2010, or is everyone jumping the gun a little?

Yes, that is the goal. As usual I'm not getting to spend as much time
on it as I would like. The focus for Osmosoft as a whole is still
firmly on classic TiddlyWiki, it's just me working on TW5 at the
moment.

Cheers

Jeremy

> Keep up the good work !
>
> Mike
>
> On Apr 1, 11:13 am, Jeremy Ruston <jeremy.rus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > this is on Mark S's list, but I would like to second support for
>> > InlineJavascript (plugin or native) w/ TW5
>>
>> TW5 will definitely support InlineJavaScript via a plugin, but I'm
>> very cautious about putting it into the core. In shared environments
>> it could be a vector for malicious code. It'd be OK if we could
>> adequately sandbox the execution of the javascript fragments, but I
>> haven't found that to be possible with current browsers.
>>
>> I think the best balance is for the core to continue with the current
>> approach of systemConfig-style plugins implementing macros that are
>> then referenced by macro invocations in the text. By keeping the code
>> and content strictly separate we can allow servers to implement
>> protection measures, like only executing plugins from trusted sources.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Jeremy
>>

>> > Mike

>> > --