> Nice to hear it is already taken care of, thank you.
> I was almost on my way to make a pull request myself, as an exercise in
> contributing to an open source project, but I am not sure about the customs,
> if I should create an issue first.

It's probably usually best to open an issue (or comment on an existing one) for
discussion before preparing a PR to minimise the chances of it subsequently
being rejected for a reason you haven't foreseen. We are always keen to welcome
new contributors, and you'll find plenty of help and encouragement when you
need it.

> Of curiosity, may I ask why you chose "dddd" as the token for week date
> number, instead of the "D" symbol used in the ISO 8601 formats notation?

We don't currently use any single character tokens, originally to minimise the
chances of triggering any boilerplate text in the template (ie, a format string
could be "The year is YYYY").

Now that I started to write out the rationale for the choice of "dddd", I'm
realising that perhaps I think "dd" might be a better choice. What do others
think?

Best wishes

Jeremy