On Jul 25, 2010, at 2:35 AM, Jim Helm wrote:

> On Jul 24, 4:13 pm, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>> What is prism?
>
> Simple explanation is dedicated launcher for a specific url (which can
> be a local file: url as well).  Web browser without toobars or
> menus... turn a web page into an application, of sorts.  I remember
> having to make a tweak or two to the preferences of the generated
> profile - to get the save file warning to stop.  Otherwise, works
> great.  I hope to make it portable now - if I can find the time to
> work on it.
>
> http://prism.mozillalabs.com/

One of the primary features of TiddlyWiki is that by running in browsers it is
operating system independent. Yet there continue to be problems running
TiddlyWiki in various browsers. As a Mac/OS X user, I am unable to run certain
commands, such as "Save As"; call an image file from a tiddler; nor will
ImportTiddlers plugin read the tiddler list of another TiddlyWiki, even though
the Import command in the backstage will do so.

No doubt I am totally out of my league in making such a suggestion, if it is a
suggestion, but I've wondered about the possibility of a browser -- or browsers
-- designed specifically to run TiddlyWiki.

Now if you explain to me why this is no possible or desirable, chances are good
I would not understand. In my ignorance and incomprehension I can't keep from
wondering, though.

Regards,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA