M,

I am sure your suggestion would work, but I wasn't clear in stating
what I wanted.  I want to be able to fill in the title and the tag(s)
in the same prompt.

Tobias,
You may have been on the right track with your suggestion of how to
put both in the same prompt, but whenever I put in your code, my wiki
has an issue with the tiddler containing the code for the prompt.

To all,
In the site http://www.tiddly-twab.com there is a Getting Started
tiddler (it is the 4th of 5 default tiddlers).  It has a link to
download an html file.  In that file is everything that you should
need and for the new contact link, the TwabPlugin tiddler is key.
With all of the different things that I have tried on my own, and from
ideas sprouted from M's and Tobias' suggestions, nothing adds the
ability to enter in the tag in the same prompt for the title.

Technically, I don't truly need the Twab Plugin... assuming a
replacement could be found (or possibly made), but so far my searching
has come up empty.  All I need is a plugin that will allow me to click
on a link (no matter where its placement in my tiddlywiki), it gives
me a single prompt that allows me to fill in the title and tag(s) and
then opens a tiddler in view mode when I hit the OK button. Since my
wiki is only for filling out forms for contact information, I would
love it if I could just have a prompt instead of opening a new tiddler
in edit mode, filling out the title, putting in the tag(s), closing
edit mode, and then being able to fill in the form fields.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

jen