On Oct 15, 1:31 am, PMario <pmari...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why does a "dropdown" menue discussion cause tiddlyworld to be splitted ?

The discussion is clearly misnamed by now, but anyway;
It was split because it became unsustainable to use the site itself as
the development place for the site. I guess one could say the mixup of
the real thing with the meta aspects got confusing. Although I admit
it is an experimental process.

> There are:
> 1)tiddlyworld ..
> 2)community ..
> 3)communitydev ..

I will try to erase tiddlyworld. I hope the distinction between 2 and
3 will get clearer as I clean them up a little. BTW, I've added you as
a member so feel free to do whatever you feel is good. (You do mention
that you like the name "tiddlyworld"... are you saying it's better
than "community"? I felt that particularly newbies get confused enough
as it is with all them tiddlyshmiddlys (tiddlywiki, tiddler,
tiddlyspace, tiddlyspot...). I wanted the name to be neutral
particularly since the URL already contains the t word. Also, I kind
of like the idea that the name refers to what it is and that it rides
on an established term "the tiddlywiki community".

> 4)showroom ..
> 5)semantic ..

I don't quite see how you include 'semantic' in this list (it has a
very different purpose, no?). Showroom is something that I imagine
could be included in the community site to fill up the Showroom
section there but we're not quite there yet - if it is to happen at
all. Showroom is solely Tobias project (as far as I know) whereas the
community site is "the communitys" to develop. Also, the purpose of
showroom may not be quite the same as the purpose of the showroom
section in the community site in spite of the striking similarity in
names ;-)

> For me they are somehow related. All of them want to have many
> contributors. Some of them deal with the same topics. eg: showroom and
> tiddlyworld.

You know, you have a point in that the Showroom for the community
space may be superfluous as the Downloads section kind of serves the
same thing! I'm removing the Showroom section in the community space,
for now.

However, I was not aware of Tobias ambitions to have people contribute
to his showroom space though. (The "contributors list" there seem to
be more a tribute to TW titans in general.) But, I can only speak from
the community space view, where the idea is to have anyone put in
information and the community voting etc.

Generally, the community space is aimed at handling the exact problem
you address; there is so much redundance in the dispersed TW community
and you don't know where to find stuff. Look at all the admirable and
good hearted plugin compilations for instance. It is impossible for
the poor individual behind those TWs to keep them up to date and there
is no possibility for the community to e.g rank the plugins or comment
on them etc in those TWs. Hopefully the benefits with a central and
collaborative compiling reference place will be evident soon.

Great objections - it helps define the concept!

:-)