Hi Tobias

> Well, I think we're at some crossroads here.
Aha?
> I don't much fancy the current MainMenu's contents. It merely gives
> the impression of a working draft, which indeed TiddlyWorld currently
> is. However, I would think the menu should rather allow access to the
> actual contents of the community portal, as if it already were used as
> one.
Ok - I see your point!
> How that portal evolves and how information on some current version or
> attached notes on certain sections are managed should really be a
> "behind the scenes" kind of thing. For example, a "please help" link
> under each menu item does not make sense to me at all, nor do
> "current" and "notes". Each of these menu buttons corresponding to
> certain sections in the "portal" should open a popup linking to
> specific portal contents ...not some general template popup that looks
> the same for all menu items.
I am following you :-), and I agree.
> Instead, the draftlike portal should only have template-ish
> placeholders (like those mybb images) up until they are replaced with
> real contents.
Agree - maybe the actual contents should present itself as collected
"talks":
A tiddler gets @authors who discuss the topic from their own space...
> Therefore, managing (the progress in) TiddlyWorld and actually having
> it be a community portal should really be two things. One might even
> ask if it makes sense for all those notes and discussions to be
> managed in the TiddlyWorld space... or whether there really should be
> a TiddlyWorldTeam space where pretty much everyone can participate and
> express ideas while ever so often agreed upon changes are rolled out
> to the actual "portal" to be.
Of course - You are right. The "channels" of published TiddlySpace
material should be monitored in TiddlyWorld.
Discussions based on those channels/topics should take place from
peoples own spaces - not on the TiddlyWorld space itself...
Publishing is a learning experience - it very easy to fill a TW with
data which is outdated or irrelevant ten minutes later...
Especially if creating material and creating the frame for monitoring
material -  happens in one place (which btw is *the* typical TW-
trap :-) - I've been there a few times)
> As a sideboe, menu items should not be wrapped in semantically useless  title
> wrappers... but instead be styled via css.
Yep -  Aestetics, quality and meaningfull presentation are all
interdependent factors in this strive for creating a TiddlyWorld
space..

Lets get back on track... TiddlyWorld is *not* a new "multi"personal
notebook - but an attempt to create a  nice looking and intuitive
portal into the TiddlyVerse, for any TiddlyWiki user - and it should
deliver a clear sitemap for anyone ... at first glance - not to
participate in creating the TiddlyWorld space, but how to get the most
from all possible ressources, including monitoring realtime debate and
development...

Please don't give up Tobias on us - We are climbing a tree with many
branches - and it's very easy to loose focus when trying to figure out
where to find place your foot, to get up...
I think the two discussions 1: the development of a new popupmacro and
2: the MainMenu of TiddlyWorld got mixed up - ...

Cheers Måns Mårtensson