Following on from the comments:
"All in all, I think the best route would be to leave the choice of
future platform to someone with an unbiased point of view."
"I'll be perfectly happy to accept the decision of the community, if I
feel that it has been made through an open, transparent process."

I'll make some effort to start that off:

To make an unbiased and transparent decision we need to set down the
criteria for the decision and then evaluate the alternatives against
those criteria. I suggest the following criteria (and feel free to add
to this list):

i) New host must support TiddlyWiki formatting and macros (which one
of the main reasons to move away from MediaWiki)
ii) New host must be multi-user (which is why we cannot just use a
TiddlyWiki)
iii) New host must be based on an established and supported platform
(long-time users of TiddlyWiki may remember that the documentation,
prior to mediawiki, was on ZiddlyWiki, a Zope-based server side
TiddlyWiki. We moved away from this because the Zope server we used
shut down and ZiddlyWiki stopped being supported by its author).
iv) New host must be reasonably fast and responsive.

Martin