On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, PMario wrote:

I wanted to add some info to eg:
http://tiddlywiki.tiddlyspace.com/#getWeek%28%29
Then I saw, that I created a clone, since it is part of tiddlywikidev
space. Now I have the problem, that you mentioned some time ago. I
have no problem to switch the space for editing. I just don't want to
create a second/cloned version of it. IMO open up the wiki stuff. All
or nothing.

Don't worry about creating clones in these sorts of situations. If the
maintainers of @tiddlywikidev are paying attention they will see your
clone as part of the activity and following process and will integrate
your changes if they like them.

This is _exactly_ how it is supposed to work when it comes to human
readable stuff in TiddlySpace. It's a large part of how the
discoursive sociability is supposed to work.

Obviously there are still many rough spots, but we will find them and
fix them by doing what seems natural, finding the mismatches between
that and how the system works.

As you might recall, this is a bit of a change in tune on my part:
Originally I wanted to avoid unnecessary clones, but now I think,
given the diverse types of membership and inclusion that will be
present in a large TiddlySpace system, its more important to be able
to _manage_ clones rather than _avoid_ clones.

The mechanism of that management remain to be seen.

--
Chris Dent                                   http://burningchrome.com/
                                [...]