Thanks Mans for joining the conversation!

> I feel the backstage should be hidden as default - Maybe it could be
> accessed as a checkbox option you could put in the backstage in the
> Tweaks tab??
I agree it could be hidden as default. In TiddlySpace when closed you
get the icon in the top right hand corner which doesn't seem so
intrusive but invites one to click on it and explore further.

> I don't quite get the point, where you say that "the new tiddler
> button was readily available, and I didn't have to scroll to the top
> of the page to click it."
> It's still located in the SideBarOptions tiddler isn't it? - in the
> menuBar at the top of the PageTemplate - so you'll still have to
> scroll up to see it?!

Sorry I didn't explain this well. One could imagine making the
backstage "stick" to the top of the page so that when you scroll it
remains at the top. If there was a new tiddler button within the
backstage, one could easily access it without having to scroll.

> The new tiddler is hidden in readonly mode, and I feel/think that the
> permaview button should be available to readers who would want to
> share a link to all open tiddlers (story).. <snip>
> I feel this is one of the advantages of a TW - which readers should
> become aware of - and it should be as obvious as possible :-)
Agreed, but for a first time user they are not essential to the
experience. I see the closeAll and permaview buttons as useful
features which one grows used to then uses heavily. I've seen some
TiddlyWiki themes remove these buttons all together, so putting them
in the backstage would make sense from that point of view in making
them available across tiddlyspace.

> > The downside of putting these buttons here is the height of the
> > backstage increases, it is a bit more overwhelming and it also seems
> > to extend the original remit of the backstage.
>
> Yep - I don't like that...
> I was quite thrilled, back then, when the backstage was made very
> slim.

An implementation detail. I wonder if the new tiddler/close all/
permaview buttons could be made part of the backstage whilst keeping
it slim. http://twitter.com/ manages to keep it's thin whilst packing
in lots of functionality.