I wrote, "I think TW has changed the way I think"
> Now this is very interesting. Can you say more on this?

Yes of course, its a pleasure to be asked, and valuable to me as well.

OK, I am thinking about  a couple of my recent posts on the icons and
tagging [1] thread. It's the whole TW environment and interacting with
it has some influence on the way I think. I combine the experience
with other things too. I was talking about Action Learning in a
phonecall today, and how a TW could be use in an Action Learning set,
and how another community -- one interested in creativity in
healthcare  instance (which uses Action Learning) and  -- might learn
from the way in which the TW community works. I like cross pollinate
things - it is the Manchester way - (the symbol of Manchester is the
bee).

I've learned a lot about answering and asking questions by being
involved in the TW community too.

I sometimes catch myself thinking about tiddlers  and TW problems in
the back of my mind as I walk (I'm interested in city wandering or
Dérive [2]). The non-linear path though the city, and TW? Kind of the
same? Maybe not, but I'm happy about not being rational all the time.
Mistakes are good!

I was inspired by reading The Acsent of Man [4]. Jacob Bronowski
quotes Micheal Angelo, who, as well as being a sculptor dabbled in
poetry. He wrote about the tool and mind making sculpture having  the
purpose of pushing the boundaries of what it is possible for one to
think: the mind can't do it alone, the artifact is a by-product. I
made a video [3] a while back about a tool I co-produced.  (It was an
attempt to build a thematic analysis tool using TW.) Unfortunately the
link to the exact moment on the Acsent of Man on the youtube does not
work - the video has been taken down, copyright no doubt. But i think
it does get some of my ideas across about location, toolmaking and
chance, if only in a rough form.

I was introduced to praxis [5] when studying visual art. At the same
time I got a computer with Tony Buzan software on it to help me with
my learning difficulties. It made matters worse. After getting my own
broadband I discovered TW via delicious when I read about tag clouds
in the Guardian Technology section, way back when it was still
printed. I then thought that TW could be a writing tool to develop
ideas, and one that could be adapted. I hope to escape the tyranny of
the tool - where the tool influenced the thought process.

Of course TW does influence the thought process - like any tool or
instrument of composition: a harmonica, an electric guitar a piano,
any composition made using these instruments would sound like what has
gone before. My theory is that at least if the tool is adaptable and
living, then to possibility of creating something new exists. Its fine
if the ambition to create something groundbreaking is not primary.

Finally, I like the concept of  osmosis and software (Osmosoft) -
everything stacks up nicely from my perspective. I like linking things
together. TW and the TW environment is  a good place for this kind of
thing.

Alex
[1]
https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki/browse_thread/thread/d5a4edfe82066a1f?hl=en