Hi Sub

> |cell|* list item 1
> *list item 2|
> |cell|cell|
>
> I searched and found 2 hack solutions which are not practicable at
> all.
>
> Is there a proper solution?

Basic tools in TW are macros.
One way to insert multiline content into a tablecell is to use the
tiddlermacro:
<<tiddler TiddlerTitle>> or more detailed <<tiddler
TiddlerTitle##TiddlerSection>> or <<tiddler
TiddlerTitle::tiddlerslice>>

If you want to show a list in a cell you can do it like this:

|<<tiddler TiddlerTitle>>|

where [[TiddlerTitle]] contains the list - or you can put the list in
a hidden section in the current tiddler containing the table - like
this:

|<<tiddler TiddlerTitle##List>>|
/%
!List
*ListItem#1
*ListItem#2
!end
%/

Cheers Måns Mårtensson
(Btw - I'm NOT a programmer - just using TW for everything I can think
of...)