David,

The TableEdit plugin now works with SortableGridPlugin and
TableSortingPlguin. It reorders the underlying wikitext in accordance with
the sorted result, there is no inconsistency any more. You can download the
latest version and see.

For download: Go to qmowcy2.tiddlyspace.com, find the TableEdit tiddler in
the public section.
For those who are not familiar with the two sorting plugins, there are two
example tiddlers in my tiddlyspace for reference.

Vincent