Here is a not so minimal test case TW ;-)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/241006/sheets.html

You'll find the hidden main menu by hovering over the left upper corner
(this panel is fixed and unlocked by clicking in its furthest upper left
corner, size can be adjusted by dragging its edge). In its second link you
can see how far I came with a fixed first column and header. Guess an
improved ConditionalTableFormattingMacro could make this much more easier..

I also included most TW table editing tools available about 2 years ago
(and before I turned to GoogleSpreadsheets ;-( There might be something
there you didn't knew, For example "Editable Table" by Steve Millman
(adapted from MathCell
Spreadsheet<https://dl.dropbox.com/u/241006/archive/MathCell.html>)
which in itself would be difficult to use with large tables too. However,
it uses fixed width edit fields and that makes it already now much easier
to add cell formating after the table content has been created with
TableEditor. Though I still think being able to hook TableEditor up with
QuickEdit and SectionEditPlugin by Eric would solve many problems at once,
like too small cell edit fields and cell formatting..

Too many things there to mention. But note the buggy '=counta' calculations
in the first row of the main table. Also copying and pasting the formula
gives inconsistent results, sometime it updates to the right column
lettering, sometimes it doesn't.

Concerning online tables I found TableTools2 FF addon very useful. Maybe
there would be some way to highjack some functions of this addon from
within a TW? (Instead of having to pass 2 levels of popups in FFs context
menu)

For large table html format generally renders much quicker, and therefore
would be much more appropriate to publish, though that comes with the
disadvantage of triple the byte size of a equivalent TW table. And
EasyEditPlugin already would have made it very 'easy' to edit html tables
within TWs (sadly this became buggy with the latest TW too. It only works
with some tiddlers in my case now, and I don't understand the criteria for
not working with others..). ..just some things to consider too.

Regards.