Ok, if you're seeing the same problem in both browsers, in both cases with
no JavaScript errors shown, it suggests that you've got a virus checker or
popup blocker that is interfering with both browsers.

Alternatively, there could be confusion about what is supposed to happen
when you click "save static"; a new tab should open containing a data URI
containing a static HTML representation of the currently displayed tiddlers.

The original behaviour that you described would be consistent with the new
tab *replacing* the current one (because the links will not work in the
static representation, which is what you reported). I can't think why it
should open in the same tab, though.

Best wishes

Jeremy

--