> Since upgrading to Firefox 17 my tiddlywiki (with all my project notes
> since 2006!) won't save after I edit it.
> Today I've installed TiddlyFox but it's made no difference

When installed in FireFox, TiddlyFox automatically inserts the
'tweaked' file I/O functions into the TWCore.  In order to do this, it
must first detect that the document being loaded is actually a
TiddlyWiki.  It does this by looking for key internal definitions that
are only likely to be present in a TiddlyWiki file.

When a TiddlyWiki file is recognized, TiddlyFox posts a message to let
you know that TiddlyFox has patched the TWCore to allow local file I/
O.  As of the latest update to TiddlyFox, you can now also remember
this choice for the future, so you only receive one notice for each
TiddlyWIki document you load.

However, it is possible that A) if you are using a *very* old version
of TiddlyWiki (you did say "2006"), TiddlyFox may not be correctly
recognizing your document as a TiddlyWiki file (due to long-ago
changes in the internal structure of the TWCore document), or B) the
new "remember this" mechanism is failing in some way that prevents the
TiddlyFox patches from being applied to your document.

Can you post the TW *version* number for your document?  (To find the
version #, just create a tiddler containing "<<version>>", and then
display it.  The current revision is TW2.6.6 (with TW2.7.0 about to
"go gold").

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Donations

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact