Ton,

On Monday, December 3, 2012 7:39:10 PM UTC+8, TonG wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> Yes, the "spreadsheet" class can prevent a lot of trouble.

Good! But I just found that I forgot to do calculations when the option
chkTWtcalcAllTables is set to true...Will fix it in the next release. :-)

> Disabling all add-ons and restarting FF 17 did not help: FF 17 does
> not show the buttons with the "old" Dropbox prerelease file.
> With the "new" Dropbox prerelease file I only see the C button, but
> cannot "reach" it: as soon as I leave the table area the C button
> disappears.
> Sometimes - not always - after a reboot I see the buttons; lateron I
> don't see them anymore.
> Anyway, for testing I'm using now a separate "clean" FF17 (from the
> Utilu Mozilla Firefox Collection).

I am worried about this because I wouldn't use these plugins myself if I
have to get a clean copy for every upgrade...Shall spend some time on
this...

> I don't know anything about the Javascript's eval() function, but by
> accident I noticed that there is a difference in result when handling
> "text" as "2,3" (indeed 2 comma 3):
>
> A1  A2=product(2*A1)  A3=product(A1*2)
> --------------------------------------
> 2,3  3                  6
> 2,4  4                  8
> 2,5  5                  10
>
> The need for some text "awareness" is there.
>
> Yes, there should be text awareness in a spreadsheet, I agree. And it
should be included in the parser for calculations. However, this can take
some time, so for now I put a primitive checker for simple arithmetic
expressions to avoid such results. Will put up a pre-release file as soon
as it is ready.

Thanks for all the feedback to make the plugins better and better!

Vincent

I could Edit all the time with the "new" Dropbox prerelease file.