On 18 Feb., 00:40, smallhagrid <smallhagridi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> My query seems clear and specific to me - but then again I wrote it - is it
> unclear to others ???
> I am not a coder, don't know enough about making changes in code to edit
> these files without help, and I'd be seriously surprised if someone who
> knows more than I do hasn't already broken through what looks like a
> barrier in using TW on ordinary, cheap hosting ?!?
Hi smallhagrid,

You ask for step by step instructions, for hosting providers, but
don't provide links to find them.

>The new one is Velocity Central.
I needed to search google to find http://velocitycentral.net/ which is
just a guess. Now I have to have a look at there shard hosting plans
http://www.velocitycentral.net/sharedhosting.php and probably you have
one of those. Let's guess you have the "bronze" plan.

It has "softaculous" and some more info. They seem to use cPanel as
the management software http://cpanel.net/ which is used by many
providers. I don't know it, so I'm out of the race. As "Velocity
Central" doesn't offer a free plan, testing is not possible for me.
step by step is out of the race. May be others jump in here.

>They both offer Softaculous; BUT:
http://www.softaculous.com/ is a guess too. TW is no softaculous
package, so this is not an option.

The problem here is, all of the above is just guess work. May be I'm
right, may be I'm wrong. Probably there is nobody hosting there TWs
with this provider. This may be a reason, why you don't get an
answere.

I can just point you to TW in the sky:

Jeremy Ruston has released TiddlyWiki in the Sky with Dropbox. This
may be an option, because dropbox has a free plan. You can test it, if
it fits you needs.
https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki/browse_thread/thread/8e9559aae2b4ec49

some more info:
https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki/browse_thread/thread/768a354c4f602b64