On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Jeremy Ruston <jeremy.rus...@gmail.com>wrote:

> To be more explicit about the next step, the idea is to introduce an
> explicit syntax for both tiddler and external pretty links:
>
> [tiddler[HelloThere]]
> [file[index.html]]
>
> Then, if the `tiddler` or `file` is omitted the parser will use similar
> heuristics to TW classic to determine whether to generate an <a> element or
> a <$link> widget.

Thanks, Jeremy.  The ambiguity between tiddler links and external links is
the accurate description of the issue I raised and the solution is exactly
what I had in mind.

I love TW for its flexibility.  Even as-is, it's super-easy to tweak the
Javascript to add whatever protocol.  I also love the idea that in TW5 all
the guts are accessible through the .js tiddlers.