On Monday, October 28, 2013 5:18:31 AM UTC+1, Arkady Grudzinsky wrote:

> Apparently, there should be an exception for mailto:
>
> In old mGSD, link [[Email|mutt:email_id]] opens an empty tiddler named
> "mutt:email_id", but [[Email|mutt://email_id]] opens my script - exactly
> what I want.

That's why I'd be in favor of a configuration option. So every user can
define the rendering behaviour. ... After a while we may see if there are
some common settings, that cause problmes if you transfer tiddlers from one
TW to an other.

There are very view external link issues popping up here in the group for
TWc. So imo the existing regexp worked quite well for a long time.

As Jeremy pointed out, with TWc there where a lot of "false negative"
issues, with a less specific regexp. We shouldn't ignore his experience.

So +1 for a user configuration option. May be there are folks out there,
that prefer "teamspeak://" over "skype://" ;)

May be there could be an option like this:

a) simple mode: use the existing mechanism
b) RFC 3986 mode: use a regexp described at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#page-50

I didn't check if regexp b) is possible with Javascript.

have fun!
mario

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URI_scheme