@Tobias No obstacle; one has been created, though I haven't had time to
test it with old java versions yet. The problem is that Oracle introduced a
bug in the last Java update that stops it running if signed as noted in my
Nov 4th post. The bug
report<http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=JDK-8027396>is demonstrated
here <http://www.segal.org/java/SignedAppletTest/>, though they've closed
the report as not reproducible -- I can reproduce it (Win 7 enterprise),
but can't see a way to comment on the Oracle site. They say it will work in
update 51, but 51 will also stop unsigned jars working and requires
manifest entries that I'm still researching. Hoping to have to have a
signed jar that will work in the future updates rather than having one now
that creates a flurry of "doesn't work" reports. Do you feel I should
upload a signed jar for people to test that won't work in the next Java
update? Let me know. I won't have time to do further work on this until I
finish work elsewhere (hopefully on the weekend).

@Devin I wonder if your system policy settings are being overridden by your
user policy file? As stated, I'm no expert in Java security and policy file
use. I'm also wondering if WIn7 Enterprise uses policy files differently
from other versions. I can't look into this at present.