Automatic saving is in 5.0.8 which will be out in a day or two.

Jimmy's original issue with wanting to be able to check that the last save
worked needs fixing. One component I'm interested in is adding a
nano-status bar to the top of the window that indicates subtly whether
there are changes that haven't yet been saved (this is information that the
core is already tracking, but not directly exposing through the UI). I
think we also need a generic logging capability that is persistent (ie,
somewhere in control panel there would be a box with a list of log messages
that you could scroll through).

Having said that, I'd still recommend being highly defensive against data
loss. When using TiddlySpot on dodgy connections I tend to keep the wiki
open in another tab in another browser and manually refresh it to verify
that my changes have worked.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Joe Shirk <j.b.sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> in my case it's TWC 2.8.1 and chrome. but I just tested on FF 27 and the
> toast still doesn't go away. (but i noticed the address#[[page]] url is
> much prettier on FF)
>
> On Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:41:32 AM UTC-3, Stephan Hradek wrote:
>>
>> It could as well just be the TW5 and browser version you're using. There
>> was one (5.0.5 or 5.0.6?) where the notification remained in some FireFox
>> versions.
>>
>  --

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy.rus...@gmail.com