On Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:21:41 AM UTC-8, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

I think we also need a generic logging capability that is persistent (ie,
> somewhere in control panel there would be a box with a list of log messages
> that you could scroll through)...

For historical TWC perspective:
  http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#MessageLogPlugin
Provides options to:
   * log messages to a [[MessageLog]] shadow tiddler
   * fade message display after N seconds (now standard in TW5)
   * hide all messages (when logging is enabled)
   * specify the date format for log entries

By writing the log to a shadow, it creates a session-based log that will
disappear when you close the document.  To make the log persistent, simply
edit it.  Once it is a "real" tiddler, it will be saved with the document
as normal.  There is also an API to suspend/resume logging, so that plugins
that generate lots of messages can better control which messages are
actually logged (e.g, http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#PasteUpPlugin reports
current position/size of elements as you drag them around.... that could
add 100s or even 1000s of messages to the log!)

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

YOUR DONATIONS ARE VERY IMPORTANT!
HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
   http://TiddlyTools.github.com/fundraising.html#MakeADonation

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact