On Monday, March 3, 2014 10:37:02 AM UTC-8, UBi wrote:

> Ah, okay. Assigning more than one tag to a newly created tiddler is easier
> with this behaviour. But then, jumping off of a dropdown list requires an
> additional click outside of it to close it. The TWC behaviour (modal
> one-click selector) seems more "natural" to me. I'd vote for a configurable
> option, too.
> Or a little plugin/macro/tweak.

The default TWC popup behavior (click ANYWHERE to dismiss it)... is good
for "jumping off" a dropdown list, but is horrible for any other kind of
activity (such as entering input and pressing a button).  Over the years,
many people have asked for persistent ("sticky") popups in order to support
extended interaction within the popup without dismissing it prematurely.  A
good example of the usefulness of extended popup interaction is
  http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#QuickEditPackage
which provides a set of buttons with popups containing all sorts of useful
editing tools (quick formtting, embedding links, splitting tiddlers, etc.)

In order to permit extended interaction within popups in TWC, use this
plugin:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#StickyPopupPlugin

Basically, the plugin modifies the TWCore global click handler for the
document so that it checks to see if the click occurred inside a popup
element with a class of "sticky"... if so, then it ignores the click (so
the popup remains displayed)... otherwise, if the popup is not marked as
"sticky", or the click occurs anywhere outside the popup, the popup is
dismissed.

This "sticky popup" handling is the current behavior in TW5... and I think
it should remain the default.  However, there are still quite a few
use-cases that could make good use of a "transient popup" that *is*
dismissed with a single click anywhere in the document.  I think adding an
attribute/parameter to optionally specify "one-click" handling (e.g.,
transient="true", autoclose="yes", etc.) is a good approach.

-e