Hi

On Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:38:22 AM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

> Hi Matabele
>
> Automatic linking to missing tiddlers is a pretty useful core wiki feature.

Why so? If I wish to create a 'missing link' for automatic tiddler
creation, I can easily surround the 'missing link' with double brackets in
a deliberate manner -- this only applies to CamelCase 'missing links' in
any case.

> There would be a performance penalty for making it configurable.

Perhaps automatic linking to missing tiddlers should be suppressed by
default.

> A wrinkle is that we actually do automatic link detection at parse time
>> (rather than render time). Because we cache the results of parsing a
>> tiddler the parsing process mustn't depend on the values of any other
>> tiddlers. So there'd have to be some rejigging to get things working
>> properly.

Might be worthwhile -- I am accustomed to the idea of automatic linking (as
in Tomboy) -- indeed, it would be useful if automatic linking were extended
from CamelCase strings to any string matching an existing tiddler title.

In summary:
1.  I am of the opinion that the suppression of automatic linking of
CamelCase forms in piecemeal fashion is more troublesome than having to
deliberately mark 'missing links'
2.  Automatic linking of strings matching existing tiddler titles is useful
and should perhaps be extended to non CamelCase strings

regards