Hi

On Tuesday, July 8, 2014 11:00:34 AM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

> Hi Matabele
>
> I've seen the approach of matching any existing tiddler title as a link
> (regardless of double square brackets), and I can see the attraction in
> simple cases.

I have no idea how Tomboy manages to parse text for all links to existing
notes, but find this kind of linking to be a 'magic' feature of Tomboy,
lacking in most other wiki software.

> But as I say, the problem for TW5 is that at the time of parsing a tiddler
> we don't know which tiddlers will exist at the time(s) that it is rendered.

When are tiddlers parsed? If this is a matter of refreshing the browser, I
don't see this as much of a problem. The only outstanding links will be for
those tiddlers created after the tiddler in question.

The difficulty will be that the text field would have to parsed for strings
matching all existing titles rather than only for CamelCase forms.
Suppressing automatic linking of CamelCase forms for non-existent tiddlers
would be simpler as this involves parsing only for CamelCase forms, then
checking for valid links.

regards