Hi sklpns,

As I thought. ... There is no need to modify the plugin. .. It would even
break it ..

Your fet_report calls eg: tiddler.data("peter_info") with its default
behaviour that returns "undefined"
If you call it like so:  tiddler.data("peter_info", "-")it will do, what
you want, without modifying the plugin. The plugin author already designed
it for your usecase.

see:

data(field,defaultValue) ..Returns the value of the given data field of the
> tiddler. When no such field is defined or its value is undefined the
> defaultValue is returned.
>
> so if you call data("yourFieldName", "-") it should return the dash.
>

>From my first post.

So the defaultValue can be any string. eg "some text"
tiddler.data("peter_info",
"some text")
If you test this with your modified plugin, you'll see, the plugin doesn't
work anymore. ... -> Just use the unmodified plugin with the new call.

have fun!
mario
PS: perfect mtc. Nice project btw ;)