In writing a proposal <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/1201>
for the ToC tabbed macro, I started thinking about a fundamental problem I
(we?) have had since the dawn of TW:

IRL, you're often in the middle of something when something else comes up
and you bring this out next to what you were just doing. Having both in
front of you means you can easily switch back and forth - or just leave the
first for the moment only to go back whenever you're done with the new
thing. ..But sometimes it's better if what you were first doing could just
be stuffed away becaue you're now onto something else.

ITL ( - why, "In Tiddly Life", of course?) Sometiems it is good that links
behave "click -> pagescroll" to view the target tiddler leaving the first
open above... but quite often it is preferable that the current tiddler is
just replaced with the target.

Current solutions means "either or", such as classic story view vs zoomin
story view. Or ToC tabbed with external links vs internal links. I say it
is time we improve this. It shouldn't have to be either-or. What is the
best way to have *one* link behave in *two* ways, depending on what you
want at the moment of clicking it?

Ideas?

<:-)